Tattoos are becoming more and more popular in the United States, especially among women. Girly tattoos, in particular, are a hit among female tattoo enthusiasts. Small, soft, delicate designs can be a strong personal statement while also keeping a feminine touch to your appearance.
There are plenty of ideas out there for smaller tattoos, ranging from birds to roses to feathers, and quotes are always a popular choice. These designs can be simple and monochrome or more complex and vibrantly colored, depending on your personal preference and the advice of the tattoo artist.
Small tattoos are a great way to make a unique yet understated statement with your body art. You can be inked on a variety of areas, including the tops of the feet, shoulder blades, ankles, or wrists. These spots are perfect for small, discreet tattoos that are still visible but not so obvious.
Smaller girly tattoos aren’t just limited to small and simple designs. Cool girly tattoo ideas include bow-bedecked skulls, feathery dream catchers, and heart-embellished anchors. Take your ideas to your tattoo artist, who will make sure you pick the perfect design for the size of tattoo you’re looking for.
Summer is a particularly popular time for getting tattoos, as many people are eager to show off their skin in warmer weather. Whether you’re excited to show off all your hard work during the off-season or you’re looking to add to your existing tattoo collection, summer can be the perfect time to get inked.
If you’re considering getting a tattoo this summer, no matter what design you choose, it’s important to do your research and find a reputable tattoo artist. A professional tattoo artist will help you decide on the best design for your personal tastes and preferences, as well as provide advice on aftercare and maintenance.
Before getting a tattoo, it’s also important to consider the long-term implications. Tattoos are permanent body modifications, so it’s important to choose a design that you won’t regret later on. Take your time and think about what tattoo will best represent your personality and style.
So if you’re ready to make a statement with your body art this summer, consider getting a girly tattoo. From small and discreet to bold and impactful, there are plenty of options to choose from. Just make sure to do your research and choose a reputable tattoo artist, and you’ll be well on your way to rocking your new girly tattoo with pride.
Some popular ideas for girly tattoos include:
- Floral: Flowers are always a classic choice for smaller or first tattoos, and there are so many different types to choose from. From delicate roses to bold sunflowers, there is a floral design for every style and personality.
- Animals: Cute animals like birds, butterflies, and dragonflies are great options. You can consider pretty much any animal you like and try to make it work for you.
- Symbolic: Symbolic designs like hearts, anchors, or stars can make for meaningful and personal tattoos. You can choose a symbol that holds special significance to you or opt for a more general design that represents your personality or values.
- Quotes or song lyrics: Inspiring quotes or favorite song lyrics can make for a powerful tattoo. Choose a quote that resonates with you, or opt for a line in a song that represents a significant aspect of your life.
- Delicate patterns and lines: Girly tattoos can also be more abstract and artistic. Consider getting a tattoo with intricate patterns or delicate lines for a more subtle and stylish design.
- Geometric: Geometric shapes like triangles, circles, and diamonds can make for stylish and modern girly tattoos. You can mix and match different shapes and sizes to create a unique and eye-catching design.
- Nature-inspired: Nature is a great source of inspiration for tattoos. Consider getting a tattoo inspired by trees, mountains, or the ocean. You can also opt for more specific nature-inspired designs like succulents, cacti, or palm trees.
- Pop culture references: If you’re a fan of a particular TV show, movie, or band, consider getting a tattoo that pays homage to your favorite pop culture icons. From characters to band logos, there are many options to choose from.
- Zodiac signs: Zodiac signs can make for very personal tattoos. You could get a tattoo of your own sign or opt for a more general design that incorporates astrological symbols.
The best tattoo ideas are those that are meaningful and personal to you. Consider what design will best represent your personality and style, and be sure to choose a reputable tattoo artist to bring your vision to life.
- Talk to a professional, reputable tattoo artist and make sure you feel comfortable with them and the place they work before committing. Check hygiene practices thoroughly.
- Not all tattoo artists will do all designs. Find one that specializes in the type of girly tattoo you’d like.
- If you’re unsure of your pain tolerance, start small to see how it feels. It’s a very unique feeling, but a lot of people are put off by the needle aspect. Don’t commit to anything time-consuming or in a painful area if you aren’t certain you’ll be able to see it through.
- Consider your design choices carefully. Don’t choose something because someone else has it; don’t choose your partner’s name if there’s a chance you’ll break up; don’t choose anything potentially offensive unless you’re prepared to be judged for your choices.
- Be prepared to be guided by the tattoo artist. You may choose a design and a location, only for them to tell you that your design choice won’t work on the chosen location. A good tattoo artist should explain why, and they won’t want to do work they know will look less than great, as their reputation is on the line.
- Plan your tattoo day ahead of time. Ensure you have the appropriate aftercare products to use, and ensure your chosen tattoo location won’t be disrupted by other plans. For example, don’t plan to lay in the sun, or go swimming straight after, etc., as neither of these are good for tattoo aftercare.
- LISTEN to your tattoo artist when they give you aftercare instructions. They want your new tattoo to look just as amazing as you do. Be aware of the healing time and how your tattoo will look during that period. It will look gross and flaky before it looks amazing, so if you plan to show it off, make sure you plan for when it’s healed for maximum effect.
- Make sure you eat before your tattoo appointment. Make sure you haven’t taken any drugs or alcohol that day. The tattoo parlor will have you sign a waiver, so make sure you are honest in your answers.
- Research pain points and which areas hurt to be tattooed on. This will give you an idea of what to expect and maybe how much time you’ll be able to stand being tattooed for. Generally speaking, the bonier the area, the more painful it can be. So the scalp, ribs, ankle bone, and tops of the feet can be painful. Fleshier, softer areas tend to be less painful.
- Yes, it’s a lot of tiny needles poking your skin, and you can feel it significantly, but the feeling doesn’t continue in the moments that the needle is not on your skin. A lot of people expect continuous sore pain throughout the entire tattoo process, but in reality, it’s not that bad. If your artist realizes you are struggling with the pain, they can stop and give you a break. That’s why people covered in giant tattoo pieces have to do multiple sessions because the body can’t deal with that much in one go.
- Be prepared to want more. Tattooing can be addictive, and once you have one, you’ll notice how many designs would look good as a tattoo.
Girly tattoos are becoming more and more popular, with women opting for small, delicate designs that are both feminine and personal. From flowers to animals to geometric shapes, there are plenty of ideas to choose from.
If you’re considering getting a small girly tattoo this summer, make sure to do your research and choose a reputable tattoo artist. With the right design and care, your girly tattoo will be a unique and stylish addition to your appearance.