April sure did sneak upon us! Here it is, the long-awaited meal plan for the month of April–keeping your family healthy and happy and helping to make your life well-planned and, therefore, easier!
Use the plan below, shuffling as necessary to make them work best for your family’s busy spring schedule. You’ll find a mix of grilling dinners, make-ahead dinners, and dinners using fresh items. The April Meal Plan will be reposted each Monday through the month.
Want to know more about meal planning? Read my basic tips for meal planning post. And to get meal plans in your email inbox, subscribe to the Julieverse daily emails (plus, you’ll receive other Julieverse posts each day.)
- Monday: Sweet Chili Chicken Pizza
- Tuesday: Minty Bulgur Salad with Salmon and Cucumbers
- Wednesday: Cheesy Veggie and Black Bean Tortilla Casserole
- Thursday: leftovers
- Weekend: Apricot Glazed Ham with Potatoes and Asparagus; Top Your Own Hot Dogs dinner.
- Monday: Taco Night
- Tuesday: Salmon Burgers with Corn Salad
- Wednesday: Andouille Mac & Cheese and Caesar Salad
- Thursday: leftovers
- Weekend: Marinated Grilled Chicken and Spring Vegetables (yay!), make your own pizzas.
Bonus! Passover begins Monday night, April 14. For those of us observing, here’s a great Passover menu plan for the full 8 nights. Or adapt the meals below.
- Monday: Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad OR Passover Seder
- Tuesday: Grilled Salmon in BBQ Sauce with Asparagus OR Passover Seder
- Wednesday: leftovers
- Thursday: Spinach & Ricotta Gnocchi with Tomato Sauce (Observing Passover? Try this Passover Spinach & Cheese Lasagna)
- Weekend: Hamburgers and Hot Dogs with Corn on the Cob and Summer Veggies (Observing Passover: try Monday’s Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad and Grilled Salmon in BBQ Sauce with a side of Asparagus)
Monday: chicken and pepper fajitas (if you’re still observing Passover tonight, consider making a chicken and pepper fajita salad with matzah for the crunch)
- Tuesday: slow cooker chicken cheesesteaks (Observing Passover: Vegetarian Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers)
- Wednesday: crab rolls
- Thursday: salami and pepper pizzas
- Weekend: pasta with zucchini, tomatoes, salmon, and feta (I’m basing the meal on the linked recipe, but add pieces of baked salmon.)
(This week moves us into May!)
- Monday: Spiced Chicken with Chickpea & Cucumber Salad
- Tuesday: Herb-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin
- Wednesday: Beef/Corn Tacos
- Thursday: Crockpot Chicken Enchiladas
- Weekend: In honor of the Kentucky Derby, have Louisville Hot Brown Sandwiches and Barbecue Ribs with Rosemary Corn