Military watches have come a long way from their origin as mere timekeeping devices for soldiers on the battlefield. Today, they are considered essential gear for outdoor enthusiasts, adventurers, and survivalists alike. With features such as GPS, compasses, altimeters, and other high-tech functions, they have become reliable tools that offer precise data and help navigate through challenging terrain. Let’s get the hang of the 5 best military watches to consider in 2023. These watches are built to withstand the toughest conditions and provide accurate data.
Top 5 Military Watches to Invest
1. Casio G-Shock Mudmaster GG-B100
The Casio G-Shock Mudmaster GG-B100 is a rugged watch that is designed to withstand mud, dust, and shocks. It features a Carbon Core Guard structure that provides extra protection against impact. There is a mud-resistant button that prevents debris from entering the watch. The Casio watch also features a Quad Sensor system. It includes a compass, altimeter/barometer, thermometer, and step tracker. The sensors are accurate and reliable, making them an excellent tool for hikers, mountaineers, and other outdoor enthusiasts.
One of the top-shelf features of the Casio G-Shock Mudmaster is its Bluetooth connectivity. It allows you to connect the watch to your smartphone. This feature enables you to receive notifications, control music, and even update the time automatically. The Mudmaster model also has a long battery life of up to 2 years, making it a reliable companion for extended outdoor adventures.
2. Suunto Core
The Suunto Core is a popular military watch that has been around for over a decade. It is designed for outdoor activities and features a range of sensors, including a barometer, altimeter, and compass. The Suunto watch also has a weather trend indicator, storm alarm, and sunrise/sunset times. The timepiece is an ace choice for hikers, mountaineers, and other outdoor enthusiasts.
The Suunto Core watch is loved for its durable construction. The Suunto watch is made from high-quality materials and is water-resistant up to 30 meters. The battery life lasts up to 12 months so you can handle outdoor adventures with ease. Suunto Core features a stylish military design and is available in a myriad of colors to suit different tastes.
3. Garmin Instinct Tactical
The Garmin Instinct Tactical is a military-grade watch that is designed for various outdoor activities. It features a range of sensors, including a 3-axis compass, barometric altimeter, and GPS. The Garmin watch also has a built-in heart rate monitor and activity tracking, making it an excellent piece for fitness enthusiasts.
One of the standout features of the Garmin Instinct Tactical is its rugged construction. The tactical watch is built to withstand extreme temperatures, shock, and water. It is also compatible with night vision goggles, making it an excellent tool for military personnel. Garmin Instinct Tactical has a long battery life of up to 14 days in the smartwatch mode and up to 40 hours in GPS mode.
4. Luminox Navy SEAL 3500 Series
The Luminox 3500 Series is a watch that was designed in collaboration with the US Navy SEALs. It features a rugged design and is built to withstand the toughest conditions. The military timepiece also features a Swiss-made quartz movement, making it an accurate and reliable gear.
Luminosity is a top-notch feature the Luminox watch can boast. It’s made with the proprietary Luminox Light Technology, which provides continuous illumination for up to 25 years. The Navy SEAL watch is also water-resistant up to 200 meters, making it an excellent tool for diving and other water activities. There is also a chronograph and date function, making it a versatile military watch.
5. Timex Expedition Shock XL
Image by timex.com
The Timex Expedition Shock model is a tactical watch that is designed for outdoor activities. It features a durable construction that is designed to withstand shocks and impacts. The watch also comes with a stopwatch, countdown timer, and alarm – must-haves for outdoor activities.
The Expedition Shock XL model features its Indiglo night light. There is an easy-to-read display in low light conditions, making it an ideal watch for night-time adventures. The gear is also water-resistant up to 200 meters, so you don’t worry it comes wet.
What to Look for When Choosing a Military Watch
- Military watches are designed to withstand extreme conditions like shocks, impacts, water, and dust. Look for a timepiece with a durable construction, such as one made from high-quality materials like stainless steel or titanium.
- A tactical watch should be water-resistant, so it can be used for activities such as diving or swimming. Look for an item with a high water resistance rating, ideally one that can withstand depths of at least 100 meters.
- Military watches often include a compass, altimeter, and barometer. Look for a product with sensors that are accurate and reliable, and that provide the data you need for your outdoor activities.
- A reliable tactical watch should have a long battery life to ensure that it will serve for extended outdoor adventures. Look for a timepiece with a battery life of at least a year, ideally one that can last for several years.
- The display of a military watch should be easy to read, even in low-light conditions. Look for a piece with a display that is clear and easy to read, with features such as backlighting or high-contrast displays.
- A tactical watch should be comfortable to wear, especially for extended periods. Look for a piece with a comfortable strap that is adjustable to fit your wrist.
- Military watches often include a range of additional features, such as GPS, heart rate monitors, and activity tracking. Consider which features are important to you and look for a timepiece that meets your military needs.
Military watches have become an essential piece for outdoor enthusiasts, adventurers, and survivalists. The top 5 military watches in this review are worth considering in 2023. They are all designed to withstand the toughest conditions and serve for long. With features such as GPS, compasses, altimeters, and other high-tech functions, these pieces have become reliable companions.