I’m a gymaholic, it’s a part of my routine and I feel blah when I don’t go. I try to get my gym bag ready to go the night before, but even when I have tons of time to get ready, I nearly always forget to include something. It’s been everything: my bra, shower shoes, shoes for once I’m dressed (which is awful in the winter!), make up, shampoo, face lotion.
While reading P&Geveryday today, I realized that after 7 years of active gym membership, it’s time I stop packing at the last minute and start having a packed bag. P&Geveryday featured a list of beauty must-haves for your gym bag that I’m using for inspiration.
Gym Bag Packing List
- Deodorant This is not the time to test something new, so go with a deo that not only works, but offers a scent you appreciate. I’ll stick with Secret’s Spring Breeze.
- Shampoo and shower gel (soap) I’ve always wondered what’s in the big blue container at the gym, but I’d rather have something I know and like in my hair and on my skin. For that reason, I try to keep hotel samples in my gym bag. You can also buy sample sizes in your grocery store or Target, or sign up for free samples on P&Geveryday. One of the beauty experts in the article keeps dry shampoo in her gym bag for days she just doesn’t have the time for a full wash and rinse.
- Hair ties or headbands I use both and, usually, have at least a hair tie with me at all times (on my wrist, in my car, in my purse…). But an extra pack that I keep in my bag would be so smart.
- Make-Up I’m actually considering a small make-up bag of my regular, everyday items. But, certainly, I’ll need lipstick, blush, a blush brush and mascara.
- Make-up bag Of course, with all those pieces, I’ll probably also want to get a cute new make-up bag. (conventiently, Vera Bradley has a lot on sale through tomorrow, July 1, at 50-60% off.)
- Face Moisturizer This is a must-have for me as my face feels like it will crack if I don’t put it on at least twice a day. I’ve read good things about Olay Fresh Effects Dew Over Hydrating Gel Moisturizer, 1.7 Fluid Ounce, so I’ll give it a try.
- Eye serum Hadn’t thought of this, but it makes a lot of sense to bring along Olay Fresh Effects Bright On Schedule Eye Awakening Cream. Another product I’m happy to try out.
- Shower shoes For the love of refreshing showers, how gross is it to take a shower in a communal shower without shower shoes?? (And how many times can I say “shower” in one sentence!?) I’ve done it and, yes, I’m skeeved-out to admit that to you. For heaven’s sake. Grab an inexpensive extra pair like the Vertico Shower Sandal Rubber and keep them in the bag, too.
There you go, everything you need for the … wait. What?! You don’t have a gym bag?! Oh, that is so going to be an upcoming post on a FashionFriday. In the meantime, the Lug Puddle Jumper Overnight/Gym Bag, is a must-have. It’s what I carry with me every day (and am packing now.)
Okay. Now. Pack the bag with your clothes and a fresh towel and get yourself to the gym!
P&Geveryday™ is committed to making every day just a little easier by helping you achieve a life full of rewarding moments. Every day. The site aims to inspire, support and empower you to unlock the extraordinary potential in your everyday life. For inspiration on all your everyday, visit P&Geveryday, as well as the P&Geveryday Facebook page.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
© 2014, Julie Meyers Pron. All rights reserved.