I hate the fact that I’m receiving email after email about Back to School. I mean, I know it’s right around the corner. I can feel it itching it’s way into my schedule and calendar. But can’t we, please, just allow a few more weeks to enjoy our summers?
And, still. I’m excited for my kids. I’m excited for all that comes with a new year at school:
- starting fresh with a new teacher and a big group of new classmates
- playground time and chances to learn new activities
school lunch and the healthy options (nevermind)
- picking up new books and school supplies, sharpening new pencils (yes, I love newly, sharpened pencils)
Today, I asked my rising third-grader what he was most excited about for back to school season. Big told me he can’t wait to find out who his teacher is and which friends will be in his class. (They should find out some time next week.) He also shared that he was hoping to do after-school classes like Club Invention. Oh, and start football season again. (Which, I reminded him, isn’t at school, but he said it’s still a part of the season.)
When I asked Middle about back-to-school season, he shared that first grade will be fun, but that he really doesn’t know what to expect (he’ll be at a new school this fall). He loves to name all the neighborhood kids who will also be in first grade with him, which puts me a bit at ease (afterall, I’m a pretty nervous mom, about to send my middle guy to a new school.)
Little can’t wait to go back to school. She’ll be a big three this year, which means she’s in the 3-year-old class! I can’t believe it either. Her teacher from last year will loop up to her class and she’ll have all the same friends in there with her. To her, back to school season just means more opportunities to play even more. Especially dressing up even more like a princess.
Back to School Shopping
How ready are you for back to school? Have you finished your shopping? Check out my back to school shopping checklist and then check eBay’s back to school area to see what they have to offer. (It’s a great place to check for everything from back to school text books to tech.)
Twitter party with eBay!
Join me tomorrow for the eBay Back to School Twitter Party! I’ll be joining the rest of the girls from Splash Creative Media, talking all things back to school season from 3-5 EST on August 14. Be sure to RSVP! And, yes, lots of eBay prizes, of course!
Enter to Win Back to School Sweeps from eBay
And then, check out the two fun Pinterest sweeps and the Facebook game hosted by eBay. Lots of fun ways to win awesome prizes!
- Pinterest Backpack Sweeps – 7/25-8/31 – Is your kid heading back to school? eBay’s Back to School Pinterest Sweepstakes will award daily winners a $100 eBay Gift Card to shop for their back to school essentials oneBay.com. Enter: http://bit.ly/L9bAil
- Pinterest Dorm Room Sweeps – 7/25-8/1 – Are you or your child heading to college? eBay is holding a Pinterest sweepstakes where one Grand Prize winner will receive a $5,000 eBay Shopping Spree toward a dorm room makeover. Enter: http://bit.ly/Nh9e2D
- Facebook Instant Win Game – 8/1-8/31 – Play the eBay What’s In Your Backpack Instant Win Game for a chance to win a $50 eBay Gift Card to do some back to school shopping. Hurry, sweeps ends August 31, 2012! Enter:http://bit.ly/M35ILD
eBay is a client of Splash Creative Media, for which I am a principal.
© 2012 – 2014, Julie Meyers Pron. All rights reserved.