A big yum on this layered dish loved by every pizza lover I know… and, really, I don’t know of any non-pizza lovers. This is a great dip to serve through Football season.
- Tomato paste
- Mixed shredded cheese, mixed Italian shredded cheese, shredded pizza cheese
- Sliced Turkey Pepperoni (cut into smaller quarters)
- Sliced black olives
- Red onion
- *Chopped jalopeno peppers or other favorite pizza toppings (optional)
- Frito Scoops
- ingredient amounts depend on the size of the dish. You'll need at least 2 cups of cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Layer the dip into a dish in the order above (or, really, any order that makes you happy). I like to add cheese between some layers because I'm a cheese lover. Plus, it helps the dip to stick together. Top with a final layer of cheese.
- Bake until cooked through and cheese has melted on top. Usually about 30 minutes, but check back to make sure it isn't over cooking. Again, this will depend on the dish size.
- Serve with Frito chips and enjoy.
This week’s menu plan:
Monday: Linguine with barely-Spicy Shrimp (recipe coming soon)
Tuesday: Spinach, Salmon and Cheese Quichata
Thursday: Chicken and pepper fajitas
Friday: Pizza night!
Weekend: Chicken Sausage and peach skewers
© 2012, Julie Meyers Pron. All rights reserved.