Last May, my son quizzed me on my favorite cereals. He asked how I like my coffee. If there’s a special fruit I like to eat for breakfast. I recall laughing, after all, when do I have time to make more than a quick bowl of cereal? Fruit?! Rarely. That Sunday morning, I awoke to whispering as my husband quietly closed the door to our bedroom, signalling me to stay in bed. So I stayed. For 30 minutes twiddling my thumbs as I was supposed to be sleeping. Finally, I heard tiny footsteps coming up the stairs, bringing me cereal (with milk!), applesauce, cinnamon toast, a coffee and four enormous smiles filled with pride. (I have to include my husband here, he must have helped some, right?)
Every year my husband tells me to go shopping, go spoil myself at the spa or go out with friends, and every Mother’s Day I opt to stay right where I am, with my perfect family of 5, walking, playing, going to a park… I don’t even mind making dinner on Mother’s Day (unless it’s raining, I always prefer to grill something). To me, that’s what Mother’s Day is. It’s not a day off, it’s a chance to enjoy the fact that I am a mother and enjoy my family–those who gave me this amazing title.
My favorite Mother’s Day gift of all time wasn’t even, directly, for me. Three years ago on Mother’s Day, when I was 8 months pregnant with Little, my husband bought a swing-set. Oh, we said it was for the kids, but that swing-set has given me such amazing memories, and allowed me to see so much joy and growth in my children, not to mention moments of silence on the deck while watching the kids, that that one Mother’s Day gift outshines any other gift I’ve received.
So when the question “what do you want for Mother’s Day?” is asked, I’m never certain how to respond. I mean, sure! I’ve created a Pinterest page of suggestions for anyone who wants to shop for me, but I really, really want a relaxing day with family. But since it is always asked, I’m so glad I learned that eBay has a Mother’s Day page, complete with fabulous suggestions.
eBay is offering lots of sweeps for Mother’s Day!
And for those of us wanting a little more than flowers (because, let’s face it, flowers are beautiful, but they don’t last like a new trinket does!) eBay is offering several Mother’s Day social media programs that celebrate Mom and give everyone a chance to win awesome prizes:
- Facebook Photo Sweeps
- Twitter Sweeps
- Pinterest Pin It Sweeps
- Twitter Party (hosted by your’s truly and my Splash Creative Media team on May 1 from 3 – 5 pm EST. We’re giving away lots of @eBay gift cards and talking about moms. Follow the hashtag #eBayMom on twitter, and get all the details at Splash Creative Media’s eBay Twitter Party page. Be sure to RSVP!)
- Five $100 blogger giveaways (including this one!)
- Not a sweeps, but check out the fun eBay Mother’s Day video on YouTube:
$100 eBay Giveaway
eBay is offering a $100 eBay Gift Card to one very lucky Julieverse at Just Precious reader!
There are 3 ways to enter to win:
- Go to eBay’s Mother’s Day page and tell me what gift that’s listed on their page you would put your $100 towards in the comments
- Tweet about this giveaway and comment that you tweeted. Here’s a sample tweet:
- .@eBay $100 gift card #Giveaway at Julieverse at Just Precious from @JulieMPron. http://wp.me/pHY8M-1Y6 Enter now!
- Subscribe to the Julieverse at Just Precious RSS Feed and comment that you did so
The ladies of Splash Creative Media are each giving away $100 eBay gift cards, watch for their giveaways as well:
By entering this giveaway, you agree to the policy as stated on the policy page. Giveaway closes May 11 at noon EST.
This post is sponsored by eBay, a client of Splash Creative Media.
© 2012, Julie Meyers Pron. All rights reserved.