Roasted Fall Vegetables Over Quinoa
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 medium sized butternut squash, with skin removed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 + tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt & pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup quinoa (I used red vegetable quinoa)
- 1/2 bag baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 425;
- Cook Quinoa according to instructions. Quinoa should be rinsed first and takes approximately 45 minutes to cook;
- Toss carrots, butternut squash,1/2-1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 2 tablespoons olive oil and place on rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes, stirring once during roasting;
- Remove vegetables from oven and toss in a bowl with lemon juice and thyme. Allow vegetables to sit for at least 5 minutes;
- Serve vegetables over quinoa, drizzling olive oil on top. Leave on plates an additonal 5 minutes before serving for flavors to mix.
- This makes a great dinner, but the leftovers weren't so good. No need to make extra.
© 2011, Julie Meyers Pron. All rights reserved.